Join Maker Faire Tokyo
About Maker Faire
Brought to you by O'Reilly Japan, Inc., publishers of MAKE: magazine in Japan, Maker Faire is the Greatest Show (and Tell) on Earth—a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity and resourcefulness, and a celebration of the Maker movement. It’s a place where people show what they are making, and share what they are learning. Makers range from tech enthusiasts to crafters to homesteaders to scientists to garage tinkerers. They are of all ages and backgrounds. The aim of Maker Faire is to entertain, inform, connect and grow this community.
“Make:” and “Maker Faire” are registered trademark of Maker Media Inc..
Maker Faire Tokyo 2015
Event Schedule & Ticket
- Maker Faire Tokyo 2016
- Saturday, August 6, 2016, 12:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (JST)
Sunday, August 7, 2016, 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (JST)
*Hours may change.
- Event Vanue
- Tokyo Big SightWest Hall 2 + Atrium
3-11-1 Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo, Japan 135-006
- Admission for Visitors (Single Day Tickets)
*Valid for entry on either Saturday or Sunday.
Weekend Passes (2-day) are not provided.
- Ticketing Services:
- Adult ¥1,000 / Youth (Ages 18 & under) ¥500 / Pre-school Children Free
- At the Entrance (August 6 & 7, 2016) :
- Adult ¥1,500 / Youth (Ages 18 & under) ¥700 / Pre-school Children Free
※Makers & Sponsors will get a limited number of passes depends on your category or program. Please check the manuals before buying tickets.
- Ticketing Services
- O'Reilly Japan, Inc.
- Stay Connected
Plan Your Visit
- Ready for Maker Faire Tokyo This Summer
Heatstroke is a big concern in Japan where summer heat wave causes hitting almost 40 degrees. Please take a moment to read the information below how to prevent heatstroke.
- Try to stay in the shade and avoid strenuous activity outside
- Wear a hat and easy clothes
- Prepare plenty of water and stay well-hydrated even you are not thirsty
- Please call us immediately when you need any help
- Please take a special care of children
- Keep Away from Peek Hours
Peek hours are expected to be between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on August 6.
- Check Services & Facilities
You can check the information as below at Tokyo Big Sight Website.
- Shops & restaurants
- Wi-Fi services
- ATM & Foreign Currency Exchange
- Rental of wheelchair
Program Guide (English)
Call For Makers
Maker Faire Tokyo showcases the amazing work of all kinds and ages of makers—anyone who is embracing the do-it-yourself (or do-it-together) spirit and wants to share their accomplishments with an appreciative audience.
We fortunately have received applications more than double the exhibit spaces. Please note that not all applications will be accepted. Once you apply for the maker exhibit entry, we will contact you to tell whether you win an exhibit ticket by the end of May 2016.
- Set Up Day
- August 5 (Afternoon), August 6 & 7 (Morning), 2016
*Hours will be announced in the maker manual.
- Preview for Makers
- August 6 (Morning)
- August 6, 2016, 12:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (JST)
August 7, 2016, 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (JST)
*Hours may change.
- Applications Open
- Mid April, 2016
- Applications Close
- May 9, 2016, 1:00 p.m. (JST)
- How to Exhibit
An 2-day exhibit to show-off your project(s), how you made them, and inspire people to make (includes Individuals, Groups, Non-Profits and Businesses)
- 1 table (180cm×60cm) & 2 chairs
- 2 Maker Tags (passes) (You can request 2 more Maker Tags for free. Extras cost ¥1,000/pass. *Tax included)
- Maker (Non-Profit): Free
- These are the individuals or groups who are demonstrating a skill or craft, showing a finished piece of work and explaining it, and/or teaching a skill or leading a hands-on activity.
- Commercial Maker: Fee is ¥21,600 (Tax included)
- These are the individuals or groups who would like to sell products or have charged workshops along with demonstrating what they make at their maker exhibit.
- Company: Fee is ¥108,000 (Tax included)
- These are the businesses that want to demonstrate what they make and/or how it works, in an interactive environment.
- See & Apply at Sponsorship Opportunities
- Maker Faire Tokyo 2016 Maker Application Form
Applications for 2016 closed. Thank you!
May 9, 2016, 1:00 p.m. (JST)
When applying, you are required to provide a project photo. Please have these ready and read “Maker Faire Tokyo 2016 Maker Application Guide” before you start your application.
Immediately after submitting your application, you will be sent a confirmation letter with your Exhibit Name. If you have not received this letter, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general inquires, contact us at email@example.com.
We offer a variety of sponsorship opportunities and are eager to work with you to create a custom presence for you onsitet that will meet your marketing goals.
Why Sponsors Value A Presence at Maker Faire
Take a look at the list of Maker Faire Sponsors in 2015. For applying, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to partnering with you.
Thank you for your interest in attending Maker Faire Tokyo 2016 to cover the event for your news outlet. Please take a moment to read the information below about the credentials application process.
Media credentials are limited. Please note that all applications will be reviewed; not all applications will be accepted.
- Maker Faire Tokyo 2016 Press Registration Form
Press Registration Form
Mid June, 2016
August 3, 2016, 1:00 p.m. (JST)
As always, all media-related inquiries, including requests for interviews with the makers, can be sent to email@example.com.